ILLINOIS (WTHI) - Illinois State Police are preparing for the transportation of legal recreational marijuana.
On Thursday, they announced a plan to implement the cannabis regulation and tax act.
The includes public safety, training, and enforcement efforts.
Under the act, the DUI cannabis task force is being created.
It will help improve enforcement and education regarding driving under the influence of cannabis.
The task force will be made up of public safety partners, experts on the subject, and stakeholders.
- Illinois State Police working to create DUI cannabis task force
- Indiana task force to make alcohol recommendations
- Illinois State Police aims to reconstruct declining force
- Illinois State Police work to push highway safety
- Governor's opioid task force begins statewide listening tour
- Knox County holds first homeless task force meeting
- Saturation Saturday cracks down on DUI arrests in Illinois
- Illinois State Police offer safety advice for State Fair
- Illinois State Police working multiple crashes on I-70 in Clark County
- Illinois State Police numbers are down; Officers are working to bring them up