A 58-year-old Bad Axe man died Wednesday evening after a log rolled off a pile and pinned him while he was cutting wood.
Philip E. Zoldos was cutting wood near a pile of long logs around 5:30 p.m. outside his house on Lackie Road in Meade Township when one of them fell and landed on top of him.
Zoldos' wife was keeping an eye on him while he worked until she walked over to a neighbor's house and went inside. She went back outside 20 minutes later and found Zoldos stuck.
The neighbor ran over and pulled the log off Zoldos before starting CPR to try reviving him. The Kinde Area Fire Department and Central Huron Ambulance Service took over life-saving efforts, but Zoldos was pronounced dead about an hour after the accident was discovered.
The Huron County Medical Examiner's Office was planning to schedule an autopsy.
- Logging accident kills Bad Axe man
- 'Big Bad Santa' from Salem competing for 'World's Strongest Man' title
- Woman dies after hunting accident
- McConnell: Dems thought this was a bad idea
- Glitter is not just annoying, it could be bad for the environment
- Theresa May is scrambling to secure the bad Brexit deal she didn't want
- Man accused of killing deputy charged with murder, denied bond
- Tampa killings suspect arrested
- Man involved in crash that killed 3 year old faces judge
- Family of Taylorsville man killed in hit-and-run offer forgiveness for accused driver