TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - Dmitri Thompson and Tyler Seibring turned in double-doubles and Elon rallied after blowing a 17-point lead to beat Indiana State 73-68 on Friday.
Thompson had 19 points and 10 rebounds and Seibring had 17 points, including five 3-pointers, and 10 boards for the Phoenix (8-5). Dainan Swoope added 17 points and Steven Santa Ana 11.
Brenton Scott and Jordan Barnes each had four 3-pointers with Scott finishing with 20 points and Barnes 18 along with seven rebounds for the Sycamores (5-7).
Elon was only 4-of-11 shooting over a 7½-minute span of the first half, but that was still good for an 11-2 run to build a 17-point lead as Indiana State went 1 of 13. The Sycamores cut it to 37-29 by the break.
A 6-0 burst gave Indiana State a 53-50 lead, their first lead since the opening minute of the game. Seibring then led a 17-5 Elon run for a 70-61 lead, punctuated by Thompson's dunk.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thompson, Seibring rally Elon to 73-68 victory
- Josh Thompson heading to Barr-Reeve
- Sasha Thompson verbally commits to Indiana State
- Thompson's hat trick leads North to opening win
- Ty Thompson and other T-Birds help North Central teammate
- Ty Thompson wins 2018 Sports 10 Smash of the Year
- ISU baseball wins at Victory Field
- Victory Bell game special for seniors
- October 30th Rick's Rallies
- November 27th Rick's Rallies