TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - Brenton Scott nailed two of his five 3-pointers to start the game as Indiana State thrashed Illinois State 84-54 in Missouri Valley Conference action on Saturday afternoon.
The Sycamores lost in overtime, 84-81, in the earlier meeting between the two schools this season. Indiana State was 3-3 in its last six games, with no more than a four-point difference in any of them.
Indiana State dominated from the outset as Tyreke Key scored seven straight points, Qiydar Davis and Scott followed with treys as the Sycamores sprinted to a 23-8 lead en route to a 42-27 halftime advantage. They led by as much as 40 in the second half.
Scott finished with 23 points, Davis added 15, Jordan Barnes had 14 with five assists and four steals and Key chipped in 13 points for Indiana State (10-10, 5-3).
Phil Fayne had 13 points with nine rebounds to lead Illinois State (10-10, 4-4).
- Scott leads the way, Indiana St. thrashes Illinois St. 84-54
- Pippen, Lloyd Jr. lead S. Illinois past Indiana St. 79-57
- Barnes, Scott combine for 43, Indiana St tops Indianapolis
- Ingram, Jackson lead Loyola-Chicago past Indiana St., 75-71
- Indiana State women fall to St. Louis
- Johnson hits 5 3s, scores 28; Missouri St. beats Indiana St.
- Indiana State prepares for Eastern Illinois
- CBB: Indiana State vs. Southern Illinois
- ISU men beat Missouri-St. Louis
- McGuire pilots Western Illinois to 45-0 win at Indiana State