WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Purdue defense spent a lot of time in Illinois' backfield Saturday as the Boilermakers snapped a three-game losing streak with a 29-10 win.
The Boilermakers recorded nine tackles for a loss in the game, holding the the Illini to just one touchdown.
The win came at a cost for Purdue, though. Quarterback David Blough suffered a significant leg injury early in the fourth quarter and had to be carted off the field.
The win marks Purdue football's first victory in the month of November since 2012. The Boilermakers will go on the road next Saturday as they visit Northwestern.
- Purdue shuts down Illinois in conference win
- South baseball wins conference
- North picks up conference win over Southport
- Purdue opens season with win
- ISU baseball wins at Purdue
- Illinois beats ISU women
- Casey-Westfield opens conference with win at Robinson
- Sullivan girls get conference win over North Put
- TH South boys win Conference Indiana game over Franklin Central
- Paris wins key conference game over Red Hill