TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - Kavion Pippen and Sean Lloyd Jr. scored 21 points apiece as Southern Illinois easily beat Indiana State 79-57 on Saturday. Armon Fletcher added 20 points for the Salukis.
Pippen hit 10 of 12 shots. He added four assists and four blocks. Lloyd Jr. also had seven rebounds for the Salukis, while Fletcher posted nine rebounds.
Aaron Cook had seven assists for Southern Illinois (14-13, 7-7 Missouri Valley Conference).
Cooper Neese had 14 points for the Sycamores (13-13, 5-9). Emondre Rickman added 12 points. Jordan Barnes had 11 points.
Tyreke Key, the Sycamores' leading scorer heading into the matchup at 17 points per game, was held to only eight points on 3-of-13 shooting.
The Salukis improve to 2-0 against the Sycamores on the season. Southern Illinois defeated Indiana State 88-73 on Jan. 30. Southern Illinois plays Valparaiso on the road on Wednesday. Indiana State matches up against Illinois State at home on Wednesday.
- Pippen, Lloyd Jr. lead S. Illinois past Indiana St. 79-57
- Scott leads the way, Indiana St. thrashes Illinois St. 84-54
- Ingram, Jackson lead Loyola-Chicago past Indiana St., 75-71
- Keys 4 TDs spark Indiana State past Eastern Illinois, 55-41
- McGuire pilots Western Illinois to 45-0 win at Indiana State
- Southern Illinois escapes in OT, beats Indiana State, 76-72
- Illinois beats ISU women
- Indiana State women fall to St. Louis
- Late TD pass lifts Missouri State past Indiana State
- Washington edges past Loogootee