This past Saturday the Linton boys basketball team won sectionals for the first time since 2016. The Miners really wanted this one for their senior teammate Jaden Chambers.
In December Jaden was involved in a serious car wreck. The accident let Jaden with a moderate traumatic brain injury. He was on a ventilator for a week and couldn't speak for two weeks. The teenager was unable to move the right side of his body. He couldn't walk for three weeks and was hospitalized for a month.
After the accident doctors told Jaden his high school basketball career was over. He couldn't play contact sports anymore. Despite that Jaden was eager to return to the Miners bench, to cheer on his teammates. He returned in January and has been a big inspiration ever since. Ever since his accident the Miners have had the words "Play for JC" on their shoes.
Saturday Linton will try to continue their special season with Chambers on the bench cheering them on at the 2A Paoli regional when they take on the host Rams.
- Miners playing for Jaden Chambers
- ISU men's basketball to play Colorado
- Ashley Taia signs to play in Australia
- Sullivan loses sectional on final play
- Jaylen Minnett playing great for IUPUI
- Greg Lansing enjoys Sycamores playing in early season tournaments
- Cam Cameron believes Danny Etling can play in the NFL
- THN-THS playing for more than Shoe Trophy
- ISU-IU to play in football in 2025 and 2027
- LSU players believe Danny Etling can play in NFL