TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Curt Mallory's tenure as the Indiana State head coach didn't begin how he would have liked. The Sycamores went 0-11 in 2017 after Mallory inherited the team. But as a new season started, the Sycamores have a new feeling.
Indiana State pummeled Quincy Thursday under the lights at Memorial Stadium, 49-0.
ISU jumped out to an early 14-0 lead in the first quarter before extending it to 21-0 at the half.
Jaquan Keys and Christian Covington each found the endzone twice for Indiana State. Titus McCoy also hit paydirt for the Sycamores.
Sullivan's Dakota Caton, a true freshman, also returned a punt 71 yards for a touchdown in the win.
Indiana State continues its season on the road Saturday, September 8 at Louisville.
- Mallory gets first win with Sycamores
- Sycamores win 5th straight
- Curt Mallory Eddie Robinson finalist
- Sycamores looking for homecoming win
- Cam Cameron believes in Curt Mallory
- ISU gives Coach Mallory contract extension
- Hard working paying off for James Mallory
- Sycamore defense leads ISU to win
- 22-0 run propels Sycamores to win
- IU baseball ends Sycamores winning streak