This Saturday the Barr-Reeve boys basketball team will try to bring home the programs second state title. The Vikings face Fort Wayne Blackhawk Christian in the 1A state championship game.
For the last two years this group has been playing for Kendall Murphy, Murphy was tragically killed in November of 2017. The volunteer firefighter was out on run helping someone when he died in accident. Murphy was close to the current group of Barr-Reeve seniors, especially Isaac Wagler. The senior was good friends with his former coach and mentor. Over the last two years Wagler has honored Murphy, with his name and firefighter number on his shoes and the tape on his wrist.
One thing that made the Murphy-Wagler friendship so special, was the fact Kendall use to text Isaac before every Barr-Reeve game. After Kendall's passing, his dad Dwayne found out about it and kept up the tradition. Over the last two years Dwayne has texted Isaac before every Barr-Reeve game.
- Isaac Wagler shares special bond with Kendall Murphy's family
- Montgomery carries on Kendall Murphy's legacy
- Tyreke Key shares special bond with him mom
- Bailey Montgomery develops special baseball bond with Blind 10-year-old
- Victory Bell game special for seniors
- Dakota Caton shining on special teams for Sycamores
- Makinzi Meurer thrilled to share milestone moments with her mom and dad this year
- Rose-Hulman women beat Franklin to clinch share of HCAC Title
- Bender family enjoying Clemson's Sweet 16 run
- Bailey Halloran enjoying her special role as one of the captains on THS team