TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Despite making just two field goals in the second half, the Edgewood Mustangs dropped Linton-Stockton in the Wabash Valley Classic semifinals. The Mustangs defeated the Miners 47-35.
A hot first quarter of shooting for the Mustangs was capped off by a Joe Kido half-court double-clutch buzzer beater that gave Edgewood a 15 point lead.
From there, the Mustangs staved off the Miner attack to hold on for the win.
Edgewood advances to the championship game where the Mustangs will meet Terre Haute North Friday night.
- Edgewood's hot start stuns Linton
- Edgewood stuns Terre Haute South
- Linton girls basketball off to hot start
- Hot start lifts Rivet over Linton
- Edgewood beats Brown County
- Sullivan baseball beats Edgewood
- Owen Valley upsets Edgewood
- Edgewood falls in 2OT thriller
- South Vermillion girls beat Edgewood
- Edgewood ends South Vermillion's season