GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Eastern Greene football team continues to make program history as the Thunderbirds picked up the program's first-ever semi state championship Friday.
It was a wild game in Indianapolis at Lutheran High School. With less than a minute left in the first half, the lights in the stadium went out. The field remained dark and under delay for 35 minutes until the power was restored.
The lighting delay pushed the game late into the night, allowing heavy rain to pour in during the game's closing minutes. But nothing could stop the Thunderbirds on their way to a 12-8 win.
The T-Birds will face Pioneer next Friday at noon in Lucas Oil Stadium in the class 1A state championship.
- Eastern Greene advances to state finals
- Eastern Greene begins state finals week
- Eastern Greene @ Barr-Reeve
- Eastern Greene beats Eminence
- Eastern Greene vs North Central
- Eastern Greene beats North Knox
- Linton girls pound Eastern Greene
- Northview advances to state finals
- Rivet advances to state finals
- Eastern Greene wins first regional title