TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - After a long and winding road to this moment, Terre Haute's Danny Etling realized a dream Saturday. As the final round of the NFL Draft began in Dallas, the New England Patriots selected the former LSU quarterback with the 219th pick.
The former South Brave is the first Terre Haute native to be drafted since Tony McGee in 1993.
In his senior season at LSU, Etling completed 60 percent of his passes, throwing 14 touchdowns and just two interceptions.
Etling will join the Patriots' quarterback corp that includes Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
- Danny Etling drafted by New England
- Danny Etling joining Falcons
- Danny Etling respected by LSU teammates
- Danny Etling workouts at TH South
- Danny Etling wraps up OTAs with Patriots
- Danny Etling ready for preseason opener
- Danny Etling visits with WVFCA All-Stars
- Cam Cameron believes Danny Etling can play in the NFL
- Danny Etling receives invite to NFL Scouting Combine
- Danny Etling looking for strong showing at NFL Combine