TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - Jordan Barnes and Brenton Scott combined for 43 points, including a key 3-pointer by Scott inside the last two minutes, as Indiana State rallied from nine points down in the second half to defeat Indianapolis 79-75 on Saturday.
Barnes hit a career-best seven 3-pointers on his way to scoring 23 points - topping 20 points for the third straight game. Scott finished with 20, 13 in the second half, and Indiana State (4-5) was 11 of 26 from 3-point range. Scott and Barnes have each scored 20 or more in the last two games. Emondre Rickman added 11 points and nine rebounds.
Eric Davidson led Division II Indianapolis with 18 points, Trevor Lakes scored 14 and Tate Hall 12. The Greyhounds had 15 assists on 26 made baskets, but were 8 of 22 from 3-point range.
Indianapolis had tied at 73-73 when Rickman pulled down an offensive rebound and Scott made a 3 and the Sycamores took the lead for good.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Scott combine for 43, Indiana St tops Indianapolis
- Archie Miller praises ISU's Scott, Barnes
- Scott leads the way, Indiana St. thrashes Illinois St. 84-54
- Jordan Barnes shining for Indiana State
- Etling has strong showing at NFL Combine
- Jordan Barnes emerging as one of the top players in the MVC
- Jordan Barnes on fire for Sycamores
- Jordan Barnes named MVC Most Improved Player
- Colbie Barnes commits to the Sycamores
- Indiana State women fall to St. Louis