HOUSTON (AP) — ZZ Top says bassist Dusty Hill, one of the Texas blues trio's bearded figures, has died at his Houston home. He was 72. In a Facebook post Wednesday, guitarist Billy Gibbons and drummer Frank Beard said Hill had died in his sleep. They didn't give a cause of death, but a July 21 post on the band's website said Hill was "on a short detour back to Texas, to address a hip issue." At that time, the band said its longtime guitar tech, Elwood Francis, would fill in on bass, slide guitar and harmonica. Born Joe Michael Hill in Dallas, he, Gibbons and Beard formed ZZ Top in Houston in 1969.
ZZ Top says bassist Dusty Hill, one of the Texas blues trio's bearded figures, has died at his Houston home.
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 11:23 AM
- ZZ Top: Bearded bassist Dusty Hill dies in his sleep at 72
- Bros with face-fros: Police sport beards for cancer research
- Dangerous heat impacting over 72 million
- What to drink to help you sleep
- Sleeping group escape Greene County camper fire
- QUIZ: Do You Get Enough Sleep?
- Building a brand: Local beard care business offers insight on starting business
- Poor sleep linked to weight gain in 2-year smartphone sleep tracking study
- Sears to close another 72 stores as sales plunge
- 72 people arrested for underage drinking in Edgar County
Scroll for more content...