CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Local youth leaders are better prepared to spot mental health issues.
The Hamilton Center is offering Youth Mental Health First Aid certification training courses.
On Wednesday, a group went through the program in Clay County.
The learned about risk factors and warning signs of health or behavioral crises.
For more details and to register, contact Janet Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-231-8129.
Trainings currently scheduled and needing participants:
Nov. 1 - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. TBD - Clay County, School Corporation
Nov. 4 - 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Hamilton Central - Community Room, 500 Eighth Ave., Terre Haute
8:30 a.m. to 5 pm at Brazil First United Methodist Church, 201 N. Meridian, Brazil
Nov. 10 -
9 a.m. to 5 a.m. at West Branch VC Public Library, 125 N. Church St, West TH
Nov. 15 - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at TBD - Clay County, School Corporation
- Youth leaders receive mental health training
- Local citizens take youth mental health first aid training
- Gun ownership and mental health
- Vigo County School Corp. receives $2.8 million to address mental illness in youth
- World Mental Health Day creates discussion
- The serious shortage of mental health professionals
- More time: Boy involved in Mattoon HS shooting will receive more mental health evaluations
- North Knox receives grant funding to improve mental health options for students
- Community leaders gather to discuss issues today's youth struggle with
- Athletic trainers receive hands-on training