TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Did you know your handwriting can tell a lot about you?
It can even foresee a medical condition long before doctors can!
National Handwriting Day took place last month. Handwriting Analyst Theresa Ortega held a special presentation at Indiana State University to commemorate the day.
Now, she's planning another and you are invited.
Ortega says with sophisticated equipment and software, handwriting analysis is already predicting medical conditions like Parkinson’s disease.
"One of the things these researchers determined was that handwriting analysts would be able to detect things in the handwriting they determined 15 to 20 years sooner than the medical community would be able to diagnose simply because the physical manifestations weren't there soon enough. But in handwriting those tremors were showing up..." Ortega explained.
That meant treatment could start sooner! Handwriting can also be used to determine ADHD and analysis is used by some companies in hiring new employees.
A special handwriting analysis presentation will be held this Thursday at the Cunningham Memorial Library at ISU.
It's at 7 p.m. and free to the public.
- Your handwriting says a lot about you
- Write it out: Tuesday is National Handwriting Day
- Parking Lot Party benefits Bikes for Tykes
- Work on a new Vincennes parking lot delayed by weather
- Woman hurt after crashing into cars in dealership parking lot
- Trump: Trudeau's criticism will cost Canada ‘a lot of money'
- It's starting to look a lot like Christmas in downtown Terre Haute
- Police: Man freed from jail steals car from its parking lot
- 'It makes me feel a lot safer honestly,' Players and coaches react to heat preparedness law in effect next month
- With tree arrival, it's beginning to look at lot like Christmas at the White House