WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - A community organization has a lot to celebrate; the YMCA’s of the Wabash Valley recently received a big honor!
It's called the Mutual of American Nonprofit Partner of the Year award.
This award recognizes the 10-year partnership between the Y and Indiana State University. The program allows students to get first-hand experience working for a non-profit.
“We're serving for a laboratory for them. So they get to come here and apply that knowledge into practice. And we, on the other end, get to have a workforce for us get to train them,” said Steven Flowers, director of Youth and Family Services.
Y leaders are very excited about being selected. They tell us about 1,000 groups were vying for the award.
The YMCA's of the Wabash Valley include Clay and Vigo counties.
- YMCA's of the Wabash Valley receive a big honor
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Three Wabash Valley schools receive 4-Star status
- Two Wabash Valley towns receive DNR grants
- Wabash Valley airport earns top honors
- Clay County school receives big honors
- Ride To Remember honors local veterans in the Wabash Valley
- Three Wabash valley schools honored with Four Star status
- Wabash Valley Veteran chosen for Honor 200 award
- Four Wabash Valley schools honored with Four Star designation