VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - If you're a parent looking for some peace and quiet, or a much needed break, the Vigo County YMCA is here to help!
The Y hosts Kids Night Out once a month.
Organizers told us about 20 kids were there to enjoy crafts, movies, food and some exercise on Saturday.
Parents were welcome to drop off their kids from 5 to 10 p.m.
The goal is to take the stress off of mom and dad by letting them be kid free for a few hours.
"You can grocery shop without screaming children," said Mallory Pugh, Child Watch Coordinator, "or you can go on a date night, go see a movie, go out and have dinner. It gives them just a nice little break."
Kids Night Out is open to the public and Y members.
For details on the next event, visit their website.
- YMCA hosts event to let parents have a break
- YMCA hosts 'Breakfast with Santa' event
- Vigo County YMCA hosts member's appreciation event
- Local YMCA holds appreciation event for community
- Blues for Youth Event at YMCA
- ISU hosts Earth Day events
- Regional Hospital hosts recruitment events
- YMCA program helps families during school winter break
- Buy art, help the YMCA
- Indiana Foster and Adoptive Parents host event for families in need