WORTHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) – The Worthington Town Council accepted Randy Raney’s resignation on November 12.
The town council suspended Raney on September 30 following a criminal investigation launched by Indiana State Police. The details of that investigation are not available at this time.
Raney cited “personal reasons” behind his decision to resign. His last day is November 15.
Deputy Marshal Russell Walls has been acting as the interim town marshal since September 30.
The town council is now accepting applications for the town marshal position. Officials told News 10 Walls has expressed interest in the position. The town council hopes to conduct interviews within the next few weeks.
- Worthington Town Marshal resigns following suspension
- Worthington woman charged with neglect of a dependant
- Worthington steakhouse a total loss after an overnight fire
- Funeral Director's lawyer responds to suspension
- Illinois board extends suspension of gambling operations
- Town of Marshall mourning the loss of an officer
- Marshall Main Street brings out the town's sweet side
- Indiana town marshal rescues horse that got stuck in tree
- Vigo Clerk's THPD suspension reduced from two days to one
- Lawmaker proposing anti-discrimination bill after guidance counselor’s suspension