LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say they're investigating the death of a worker at Walt Disney World Resort.
An Orange County Sheriff's Office news release says deputies found an unconscious and unresponsive man Monday morning after responding to a 911 call near Disney's Pop Century Resort. Reedy Creek Fire Department pronounced him dead at the scene.
The sheriff's office is calling the death an industrial accident, but no details were immediately released about what the man had been doing or what killed him.
Park president George Kalogridis said in a statement that park officials are working with authorities to determine what happened. The victim's name and specific job weren't immediately reported.
- Worker dies in 'industrial accident' at Walt Disney World
- Donations allow Barr-Reeve students to go to Walt Disney World after treasurer accused of stealing money
- Accident critically injures Brazil cemetery worker
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Sullivan County man dies in tractor accident
- Disney World could start pay at $15 an hour if deal approved
- Worker dies, another critically wounded after shooting outside elementary school
- Autopsies complete for two women that died in weekend accident
- UPDATE: Officials confirm victim in truck accident has died