TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Terre Haute's ties to music will be celebrated in a new piece of art.
Last week, we told you about a new mural planned at the Crossroads Plaza.
Local artist, Becky Hochhalter has officially started working.
She told us she laid out a grid and sketched what she had in mind.
Now, she's painting.
"I thought it would be fantastic to have a mural in downtown Terre Haute that everyone can enjoy. I love the idea of putting one here at Crossroads Plaza because it did need some life," Hochhalter told us.
Right now, the focus of her work is "Blind Mississippi Morris."
He performed at the Blues Fest a few years ago.
- Work underway on new downtown mural
- Artists wrap on a downtown mural
- Work wraps up on new Brazil mural
- Mural party celebrates the new addition to downtown Terre Haute
- Work underway on $1.5 million sports complex
- Facade work continues in downtown Brazil
- Terre Haute's Coke mural making big progress
- Artist nearing completion of Brazil mural
- Work underway for new ropes course at museum
- Work Underway to Replace Destroyed Pioneer Village Cabin