TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Work is now in progress to restore the historical Clabber Girl sign right of off U.S. 40.
We caught crews as they started to take panels down from the billboard on Friday.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology recently took over the land where the billboard stands.
Rose-Hulman is working with Clabber Girl to restore the sign.
The Clabber Girl sign has been welcoming people to Terre Haute for more than 80 years.
- Work starts to restore historic Clabber Girl sign
- Crews return clock to Clabber Girl sign on Wabash Avenue
- Clabber Girl continues holiday tradition on Saturday
- Clabber Girl hosts Valentine's Day event
- Clabber Girl sign on city's east side starts going back up
- Restoration continues on historic 80-year-old Terre Haute sign
- Two counties working to restore a long-abandoned historic cemetery
- Clabber Girl honored at Indiana Manufacturers Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Making Christmas goodies at the Clabber Girl Bake Shop
- 80-year-old Clabber Girl billboard to receive a facelift