GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Indiana Department of Transportation announced plans to close a section of Highway 54 in Greene County Monday.
Work is expected to start in the Ridgeport community.
That's where a small hole opened up over the summer.
Crews made a temporary fix at that time.
Now, they'll work to repair the slide in the soil under the highway.
Work is expected to last until the end of November.
Drivers should use U.S. 231, I69 and State Road 45.
Local traffic can use Crowe Road.
- Work on portions of Highway 54 in Greene County to start Monday
- Portion of State Road 157 in Greene County to close starting Monday
- Portion of State Road 157 set to close Monday
- Greene County Election Results
- INDOT announces reopening of SR 54
- U.S. 150 work slated to start on Monday
- Section of SR 54 in Linton to be closed starting Dec. 11
- Slick start to Monday morning
- Missing Greene County teens located
- Ready or not...winter is here; Crews start work to prep the roads and highways