VINCENNES (WVUT) - Contractors working on a new parking lot for downtown Vincennes have run into some weather delays.
City Engineer John Sprague told members of the Vincennes Redevelopment Commission that work probably won't be completed by the original Dec. 1 deadline.
The new parking lot is located at the corner of Sixth and Main streets in downtown Vincenens.
Sprague reported Vincennes Welding is working on the posts for the canopy which will ring the parking lot.
Kerns Excavating of Bicknell was awarded the contract for the project which will include a new concrete surface. Approximately 30 new parking spaces will be available.
Sprague says he plans on extending the deadline for the project due to the weather delays.
- Work on a new Vincennes parking lot delayed by weather
- Vincennes city parks get WIFI
- Rain leads to work delay at Linton park
- Gregg Park pickleball courts open in Vincennes
- Vincennes leaders continue work for public wifi
- Work continues on Vincennes main street project
- Work nears completion at Vincennes Animal Shelter
- Parking Lot Party benefits Bikes for Tykes
- Weather delaying work on new Terre Haute car wash
- Vincennes building receives renovations