TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Work is finally underway to replace a bridge in Terre Haute.
The contractor working on the Poplar Street bridge had to delay the project.
But now, the street is officially closed at Fruitridge Avenue.
This week, crews started work to replace the bridge, which runs over Thompson Ditch.
County officials have told us the work will last about two months.
- Work (finally) starts on Poplar Street bridge
- Poplar Street Bridge Update
- Poplar Street bridge project hits a delay
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens on Terre Haute's east side
- City planning big Poplar Street project
- Bid awarded for Poplar Street construction project
- Poplar Street bridge in Terre Haute expected to reopen on Tuesday
- Work begins on Hart street bridge
- Both lanes of Poplar Street reopen...for now
- Work starts on Cook Road bridge in Vigo County