TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Work is underway to ease parking problems at a local aquatic center.
More than five dozen parking spaces are being added to the Vigo County Aquatic Center.
That is next to Voorhees Park.
In May, the park board approved a request to add 60 to 70 new parking spaces.
That's after residents in the area voiced their concerns over so many vehicles parking in front of their homes.
The Aquatic Center already leases the land where the extra spaces are being built.
- Work begins on Aquatic Center parking spaces
- Neighborhood parking problems lead to the approval of more spots at Aquatic Center
- VCSC to open the Aquatic Center for public lap swim three times a week
- School corporation announces cost and times for public swim at Aquatic Center
- Work begins on Hart street bridge
- Park department sets up mobile recreation center
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center
- Parke Heritage in final preparations for school to begin
- Space heaters pose fire risks
- Art Spaces announces financial Pledge