TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A woman involved in a deadly child neglect case says she takes responsibility.
Tiffany Daugherty was in Vigo County Court on Tuesday afternoon for a sentencing hearing.
Under a plea agreement, she will serve 21-years.
Daugherty pleaded guilty to neglect of a dependent and reckless homicide.
Experts say her young daughter died of starvation and pneumonia in January of 2016.
On Tuesday, both sides made arguments and presented evidence for how that sentence should be executed.
A judge will review the evidence before announcing a sentence.
That is set to happen on September 21st.
- Woman involved in deadly child neglect case waits to hear how her sentence will be served
- Final person involved in high profile child neglect case sentenced
- Court denies sentence appeal for man in deadly neglect case
- Tiffany Daugherty received a 21 year sentence in a deadly child neglect case
- Suspect involved in Vigo County child neglect case agrees to plead guilty
- Farmersburg man takes plea deal in child neglect case
- Clay County animal neglect case under investigation
- Jury hears opening arguments in child molesting case
- Sarah Travioli receives sentence for her part in child neglect death
- Broken ribs, arms, and legs: More details released on Sullivan County child neglect case