HUTSONVILLE, Ill. (WTHI) - A woman and her dog are dead after a car they were in rolled into the Wabash River.
It happened Sunday afternoon in Hutsonville, Illinois.
According to officials, witnesses saw a car going down the ramp with a person inside.
When emergency responders arrived, they found the car completely underwater, with 56-year-old Barbara Hightshoe and her dog dead inside.
Hightshoe was from Sullivan but had family in Hutsonville.
News 10 is waiting for the autopsy results.
- Woman and her dog found dead after the car they were in rolls into the Wabash River
- Body found in Wabash river
- Wabash Valley kids explore the Wabash River
- Missing Indiana woman found dead
- No foul play suspected after person found dead in Wabash River near Clinton cemetery
- UPDATE: Body found in Wabash River in Clinton identified
- Vincennes prepared for Wabash River after rainfall
- Body recovered from Wabash River in Clinton
- Festivals roll into the Wabash Valley for Labor Day weekend
- Authorities: Dead dogs found dumped in southern Indiana