TERRE HAUTE Ind. (WTHI)- A week-long journey to bring awareness to the opioid crisis is underway. Jeannette Krupp is biking across the Midwest to support those living with addiction.
The 450-mile ride started in Cincinnati, Ohio on Monday. Krupp made a stop Wednesday morning in Terre Haute.
While in the valley, Krupp visited Club Soda to talk with residents that are seeking help for addiction.
Krupp said it is time to speak up about the problem. She said talking about the opioid crisis is the only way to deal with what is going on.
There are a few more stops left on the journey, but Krupp said she plans to finish the ride in Washington, Missouri Saturday afternoon.
- Woman bikes 450 miles to support opioid addiction
- Wabash Valley woman set to bike 450-miles to raise awareness for opioid addiction
- Passover fundraiser supports people battling addiction
- Bike riders travel across Indiana on 160 mile trip
- Local city receives tools to fight opioid addiction
- Terre Haute South Student Starts Addiction Support Group
- $450 million at stake for Mega Millions drawing tonight
- Griffin Bike Park receives letter of support from county commissioners
- Knox County in support of new opioid clinic
- Chronic pain patient reacts to emergency declaration to fight opioid addiction