TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - These harsh, cold conditions in the Wabash Valley can be rough on your skin and on our bodies in many ways.
That includes being hard on our skin.
The cold weather alone can dry out your skin.
Plus, a common thing you hear over the winter, wash your hands often to avoid getting sick.
These things can be very tough on your skin this time of year.
Dermatologists say the humidity levels are down this winter, meaning you need to add moisture to repair your skin.
They saying using a good moisturizer or barrier cream will help.
Dry skin can aggravate other conditions, like eczema, psoriasis, and other rashes.
- Winter can be tough on your skin, here's what you can do
- Keep Skin Summer Soft All Winter Long
- Tough year, and tough times ahead for the NFL
- From dryness to frostbite, how to protect your skin this winter
- State looking into skin infections of tattoo parlor patrons
- Summer sun and heat affects skin, important to protect your family
- Enough to make your skin crawl: Creepy Crawly Fest educates others about insects
- Winter Weather Prep Week: After Winter Storms
- Treating the winter blues
- Winter Weather Words