INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WHTI) - Winter is almost here and Storm Team 10 is preparing to keep you informed during the colder season.
Storm Team 10 traveled to Indianapolis Monday to meet with National Weather Service officials. Officials say now is the time to be preparing for winter weather-related emergencies. Next week is Winter Weather Preparedness Week. Officials say the goal is to get the public to have a backup plan for winter weather emergencies.
"Get people thinking about what happens when the power goes out and protecting yourself from the temperatures and if you are out driving hazardous weather. That's really the most important thing is getting people thinking in the mode of winter weather," National Weather Service meteorologist Mike Ryan says.
Winter Weather Prep Week will cover a wide variety of topics related to keeping safe during the colder weather. Storm Team 10 will provide coverage throughout the week to help the Wabash Valley get ready for winter.
- Winter Weather Prep Week Is Next Week
- Winter Weather Prep Week: After Winter Storms
- Winter Weather Prep Week: Avoiding Hypothermia
- Winter Prep. Week: Getting Your Car Ready for Winter
- Severe Weather Prep. Week: Storm Spotters
- Prepare now: this week is Winter Weather Preparedness Week
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- Cold weather furnace prep
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week underway
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week Underway