WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Recent weather conditions have made it the perfect time to head outside.
People in West Terre Haute did just that on Thursday.
The Vigo County Parks and Recreation Department held Party in the Parks.
The party celebrated the grand re-opening of two parks.
They are the South 7th Street Park and Lee Fields Park in West Terre Haute.
Both recently received a makeover.
People who came out say the event was a great way to get outside and recognize a job well done.
"Summer's coming to an end so we want to do all of the outdoor stuff we can before school starts," Jessica Hendrickson said.
"Having a neighborhood park, having a place for your family to congregate, having a place to go play basketball, or just have green space is really important and to have that at your doorstep is something really critical," Kara Kish from the Vigo County Parks Department told us.
The improvements at both parks include new playgrounds, swings, and sports facilities.
- West Terre Haute residents celebrate with Party in the Parks
- West Terre Haute Area Parks Get Upgrades
- Mural party celebrates the new addition to downtown Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute crash left residents in the dark
- West Terre Haute Police warn residents about two different scams
- Goodwill in Terre Haute celebrates 90 years
- Terre Haute woman celebrates her 101st birthday
- Terre Haute based company celebrates 80th anniversary
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Electrical short causes West Terre Haute fire