WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI_ - A local man has received a prison sentence for a bomb scare.
A judge sentenced Justin VanGilder to more than four years in prison.
VanGilder pleaded guilty to illegally having both a gun and bomb-making materials.
He also pleaded guilty to violating his federal supervised release.
In court, the FBI said VanGilder recorded himself testing devices in his bedroom.
VanGilder was already a convicted felon before this case.
The West Terre Haute Police went to his house when they learned he illegally had a gun.
Officers found a gun and several items used in bomb-making.
A bomb squad was called to clear the scene.
- West Terre Haute man receives prison time for bomb scare
- Man accused in West Terre Haute bomb scare pleads guilty
- Trial pushed back for West Terre Haute man arrested after bomb scare
- Man accused in 2017 West Terre Haute bomb scare has trial pushed back
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges
- Florida man charged after weeklong bomb-package scare
- Terre Haute receives special Cultural District Designation
- Electrical short causes West Terre Haute fire
- Volunteers spring clean in West Terre Haute
- One hurt in West Terre Haute fire