VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The West Terre Haute Police Department is warning residents about two scams making the rounds.
According to the scams, calls claim to either be from the Social Security Administration or Publisher's Clearing House.
The scammers ask for a potential victim's personal information or money via money orders.
Police remind people to avoid giving your personal information out over the phone.
To report a scam call, call the Triad Scam Line at 812-231-1430.
- West Terre Haute Police warn residents about two different scams
- West Terre Haute residents celebrate with Party in the Parks
- West Terre Haute crash left residents in the dark
- West Terre Haute house fire ruled suspicious
- Overnight West Terre Haute fire under investigation
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Electrical short causes West Terre Haute fire
- West Terre Haute fire under investigation
- Crews battle fire in West Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges