INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Officials have confirmed that a 10th tornado struck Indiana as part of a weekend outbreak that damaged a school, a shopping mall and other buildings.
The National Weather Service issued the update Tuesday, saying the latest confirmed tornado was rated EF-0 and briefly touched down Saturday in Brown County.
The weather service earlier said that nine tornadoes hit , including three E-F2 tornadoes with winds up to 130 mph (210 kph) in Greene, Monroe and Rush counties and an EF-1 tornado in the Indianapolis enclave of Beech Grove that heavily damaged the high school.
Greene County has said Saturday’s storms destroyed three homes and damaged about 70 others. A disaster declaration for the county was signed Tuesday by the county board’s president, with hope of getting federal disaster funds.
- Weather Service confirms 10th weekend tornado hit Indiana
- Weather service confirms 4 tornadoes hit Indiana Friday
- Weather service confirms 7 tornadoes hit Indiana on Monday
- Weather Service confirms 9 tornadoes in central Indiana
- National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornado touchdown in Sullivan County
- National Weather Service confirms EF0 tornado in Knox County, home knocked off its foundation
- Officials confirm 2 tornadoes from Tuesday's Indiana storms
- 4 tornadoes confirmed in Indiana, additional damage reported in Illinois
- Kevin's Weather: TINY TORNADOES
- Weekend tornadoes rip through Illinois