TERRE HAUTE Ind. (WTHI)- Local organizations across the valley came together to give more information on the aging process.
Union Hospital hosted the aging symposium alongside the Silver Birch assisted living facility.
Organizers talked about medication management, and ways caregivers can help loved ones as they live with Alzheimer's
They said it's a great way to learn more about helping their loved ones through the aging process.
I want them to just have more tools in their toolbox, so they don't feel so abandoned and out of sorts and know that everyone kind of struggles with some difficulty along the way. We talk a lot about how to raise children, but we don't talk a lot about how to care for our elderly and senior members," said Amber Cadick.
This is the second annual event.
A third symposium is planned for next spring.
- 'We don't talk a lot about how to care for our elderly and senior members,' local groups share ways to navigate through the aging process
- Camp Navigate
- 100 Women Who Care donate $13,000 to Camp Navigate
- Navigating Cough and Cold Medicines
- Camp Navigate kids snag some free pie
- Local medical group expands
- Local group celebrates women's rights
- Local group honors area volunteers
- Camp Navigate summer camp prepares kids for future
- Terre Haute North students hold special event for Camp Navigate