VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A man is facing charges after police say he had stolen firearms.
It happened Thursday at a home on Towne Street in Fairview.
The Vermillion County Sheriff's Office says they, along with Clinton Police, received a tip that a wanted person was at the Towne Street residence. Police say the tip also stated the person had warrants out of Vermillion County.
Officers arrived to the home and spoke with the owner. While clearing out the residence, police say two others were found inside.
While questioning the two people inside, police say one of them, a man, gave a false name. The man was taken into custody for false informing.
Police say a K9 sniffed a vehicle outside of the home and indicated a presence of a narcotic odor. While searching the vehicle, police say they found a loaded 12 guage sawed off shotgun, a Glock handgun magazine and shotgun shells.
Police say they found another vehicle on the property, but no one claimed it. While searching the vehicle, police say they found another handgun along with a high powered rifle with a scope and ammunition. Police also found mail belonging to Dylan Sinn, 33, Terre Haute. Police say Sinn was the individual providing authorities with a false name.
Officials say Sinn was wanted out of Vigo County for Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of a Controlled Substance. He was also found to be a serious violent felon and is prohibited from possessing a firearm.
Police say further questioning led them to discover Sinn had a handgun when they entered the residence. While searching the house, police say they found a loaded Glock 9MM handgun in the bedroom Sinn came out of, along with meth, suspected LSD and marijuana in the home.
Sinn was arrested for a series of charges, including Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon, Possession of a Controlled Substance and False Informing. He was taken to the Vermillion County Jail without bond. Officials say they expect additional charges to be filed by the prosecutor's office.
The home owner and the other individual were released from the scene.
Clinton Police say they took a report of stolen handguns Thursday night. Police say the home owner there said he noticed two guns were missing. After checking the serial numbers on the guns found earlier in the day, police say they determined them to be stolen from the residence.
- Wanted man arrested, police find stolen firearms
- Police find the owner of stolen guns after Terre Haute man arrested
- Sullivan County man arrested on federal firearms charges
- Man arrested after truck reported stolen
- 2 in custody after police find meth in stolen car
- Police find stolen handgun during Terre Haute traffic stop
- Jasonville Police asking for help finding stolen Jeep Wrangler
- More enrolling in firearms training
- Crime Stoppers: Terre Haute man wanted for criminal recklessness and pointing a firearm
- Sullivan County man charged when police find stolen ATV in the back of his pickup truck