SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The search for a man wanted in two states came to an end in Sullivan County.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says William Lester Harris, 44, formerly of Lewis, Indiana, failed to register as a sex offender. Police say he wa also wanted in Illinois for Aggravated Driving Under the Influence.
Sheriff Clark Cottom said it started with a call from Illinois police just after 8 Sunday night.
After managing to escape police in Crawford County, authortities say Harris crossed the river at Hutsonville, headed into Indiana.
That's when police say they spotted Harris' vehicle going north on State Road 63 and 154.
Harris was arrested and taken to the Sullivan County Jail on a $12,000 bond.
- Wanted man arrested in Sullivan County
- Manhunt in Sullivan County for wanted man
- Arrests up 20 percent in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County man arrested after string of burglaries
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Sullivan County man safe after water rescue
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Sullivan County man dies in tractor accident
- Wanted Parke County woman arrested