TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - During times of severe weather, the National Weather Service needs your help keeping everyone safe.
Radars can only pick up so much of what is happening.
That's why the NWS wants you to know what's going on in the sky.
It is offering free 'Spotter Training Courses.'
The class teaches you everything you need to know about severe weather, including the differences between clouds.
That way you can report what you are seeing.
That is happening in Terre Haute on April 1st at the Berean Baptist Church from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
For the full list of course, and more information, click here.
- Want to learn about storm spotting? Classes are coming to Terre Haute soon
- Major repaving project coming to Terre Haute
- Community comes together to cleanup Terre Haute
- Storm spotter training in Terre Haute Monday
- Terre Haute Children's museum learning lab teaches about human brain
- Terre Haute kids learn a lesson in fire safety
- Adults learn to swim in free class
- Storm spotter class on Monday
- Pre-leasing for Riverfront Lofts in Terre Haute coming soon!
- World's most recognized bottle comes to life in Terre Haute