TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) – Students tested their skills at a competition at Indiana State University Saturday.
Sixteen teams from all across Indiana, Michigan and Ohio competed against each other in a middle school Science Bowl.
Coordinators of the event say the students spend hours practicing.
Derrick Bowman says, "They learn how to compete just the same as any football team or baseball team or basketball team, just instead of out on the court they're in the classroom. It's the same sort of pressure that high level basketball and football teams feel.”
Winners move on to the National Science Bowl in Washington, D.C.
Honey Creek Middle School came in third place.
- Wabash Valley school places at Science Bowl
- Celebrating a passion for science with Wabash Valley March for Science
- Flu restrictions in place at Wabash Valley hospital
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Three Wabash Valley schools receive 4-Star status
- Wabash Valley schools pay tribute to veterans
- Wabash Valley kids celebrate school choice
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley
- National spotlight on Wabash Valley
- Hospice of the Wabash Valley