SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A group of Wabash Valley children can call themselves conquerors of the mighty Wabash River.
It's after a river expedition on Thursday.
8th grade Vigo County 4-H'ers took the trip.
The Sullivan County Soil and Water Conservation District put it on.
Students started at a drop off point in the Wabash in Hutsonville, Illinois and from there they rafted to Merom Bluff Park in Sullivan County.
Organizers say the trip is a community effort, and it takes several volunteers and sponsors.
But they say it was worth it to educate the children.
This is the 19th year for the event.
- Wabash Valley kids explore the Wabash River
- Wabash Valley kids celebrate school choice
- Body found in Wabash river
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley
- National spotlight on Wabash Valley
- Hospice of the Wabash Valley
- Governor visits Wabash Valley Town
- Shutdown worries Wabash Valley farmers
- Earthquakes in the Wabash Valley
- Wabash Valley Nearing Drought Status