WASHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A Wabash Valley fire department has a unique flag for its station.
The Washington Township Fire Department recently finished building a new facility.
It features an American flag made out of used fire hose.
Recycled fire hose makes up the flag's stripes.
The stars are painted pieces of hose.
Craig Wichman made the flag for the firehouse.
Assistant chief David Gray said the flag represents the fire station's past.
"It just means a lot to the members and it should mean a lot to the community," Assistant Chief David Gray.
The creator is currently a firefighter at Washington Township.
- Wabash Valley fire department creates unique American flag
- Wabash Valley fire department puts drone program to work
- Student use technology to create unique pieces of art
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley
- National spotlight on Wabash Valley
- Hospice of the Wabash Valley
- Governor visits Wabash Valley Town
- Shutdown worries Wabash Valley farmers
- Wabash valley fire fighters trained as fire investigators
- Younger Americans less apt to use unique passwords