PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - Saint Mary's School in Paris, Illinois has announced it will be closing at the end of the school year.
The last day is on May, 23.
School officials cited declining enrollment over the years for the closure.
The school currently provides education to 60 students in pre-school through 5th Grade.
Saint Mary's is located within the Paris Union School District-95.
The Catholic School was founded in 1898 and it has operated out of the present building since 1959.
- Wabash Valley Catholic school to shut down later this month
- Wabash Valley Organizations take part in Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Three Wabash Valley schools receive 4-Star status
- Wabash Valley schools pay tribute to veterans
- Wabash Valley kids celebrate school choice
- Wabash Valley school places at Science Bowl
- Two Wabash Valley schools receive STEM certification
- Three Wabash Valley schools get telehealth equipment
- Wabash Valley kids explore the Wabash River