SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A 16-year-old was hurt after a wreck that ended in an explosion in Sullivan County.
It happened around 4:30 Wednesday morning on U.S. 41 near North Central High School.
According to police, 30-year-old Travis Pritcher hit a non-street legal motorcycle being driven by a 16-year-old male.
That crash ejected the teen from the motorcycle.
After that, a pickup truck being driven by Steven Parker of Paris, Illinois hit the motorcycle, rupturing the fuel tank, leading to an explosion.
Police say the motorcycle was an off-road type motorcycle, with no tail lights.
Emergency crews initially could not find the 16-year-old after the crash.
Around 10 minutes later, deputies found the teen about a half a mile away from the scene.
Police say the teen admitted to being the driver of the motorcycle and said he fled the scene because he was scared and hurting.
He was taken to Regional Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Pitcher and Parker were not hurt in the crash, and neither received any citations.
Police say the investigation into any citations the teen may face is ongoing.
- WATCH: Crash in Sullivan County ends with motorcycle explosion, teen injured
- Vigo County motorcycle crash injures one
- Two people seriously injured following motorcycle crash
- One dead, one seriously injured in Sullivan County crash
- One person seriously injured after Sullivan County crash
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- Driver nearly impaled after Sullivan County crash
- Pedestrian fatally struck in Sullivan County crash
- Two seriously injured after motorcycle hits deer
- Sullivan County situation ends, suspect found in Greene County