Terre Haute, Ind. (WTHI) - Volunteers in Vigo County braved the cold weather on Saturday morning. All for a good cause.
120 trees have been newly planted along the National Road Heritage Trail in Terre Haute.
Trees, Inc. and over 150 volunteers spent a few hours planting the trees.
It was the 27th annual year for the event.
Organizers say it's nice having a helping hand to beautify our community.
"We get 150 people to show up at 8:30 on a cloudy rainy morning. So it says a lot about the Terre Haute community to have so much good help show up," said Brian Conley, Vice President of Department of Redevelopment.
Conley hopes members of the community will enjoy the trees along the trail.
- Volunteers plant trees for Terre Haute trail
- 100 new trees planted in Terre Haute
- TREES Inc. helps spruce up Terre Haute by planting 100 trees
- Terre Haute plant eliminates 15 jobs
- Volunteers spring clean in West Terre Haute
- TREES Inc. and volunteers help plant new trees in the city
- Planting at Lincoln Trail State Park
- Terre Haute plant announces plans to expand production
- Investment firm plans to buy Terre Haute plant
- Chamber of Commerce, volunteers spring clean in downtown Terre Haute