TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - People right here in the Wabash Valley are learning how they can help you after disaster strikes.
The Salvation Army offered emergency disaster relief training Saturday. Anyone could go through the course.
The training focused on how to safely and properly handle food. Volunteers need this information when operating the Mobile Canteen Ministry. It is used during extreme weather conditions to feed people in local parks and can be used after other disasters.
Those who went through training earned a certificate.
- Volunteers go through disaster relief training
- Salvation Army to offer emergency disaster relief training
- CASY volunteers receive hands-on training
- Local youth train to become volunteer firefighters through special program
- Area hospitals prepare for disasters
- Salvation Army set to hold disaster training...and it's open to the public
- Elf Training
- CASA Gala honors volunteers
- Rain provides small relief to Wabash Valley
- Watermelon Bust helps out with hunger relief