VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Canned goods collected on Saturday will help feed hungry veterans in Vigo County.
That's with the 2nd Annual Food Drive hosted by the Loyal Veterans Battalion.
Organizers said the food drive collected more than 1,000 pounds of canned goods last year.
Every donation goes to the Battalion's food pantry.
Organizers told News 10 many veterans have a hard time transitioning back into society.
"Some it's very difficult, some almost never recover," said Admin Coordinator Michael Egy, "That's why we have 22 suicides a day of veterans in this country. That's why we have thousands of homeless veterans in this country."
The Loyal Veterans Battalion is strictly volunteer and donation based.
If you're interested in donating time or necessities, you can contact them on their Facebook page.
- Volunteers collect canned goods to feed hungry veterans
- Help feed the hungry this holiday season
- Group collects food to feed veterans in need
- Orange Friday: Helping feed hungry families in our community
- Community event raises funds to feed hungry families
- Meijer and Catholic Charities team up to feed the hungry
- Annual 5k event helps feed hungry students in Vigo County
- Volunteers collect trash along State Road 59
- Volunteers needed to help honor fallen Veterans
- Volunteers camp outside to raise awareness for homeless veterans