CLARK COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - The Clark County, Illinois Board has turned concern over gun legislation into action.
The board passed a resolution opposing state gun legislation.
We first told you about this back in April.
LINK | SEE THE FULL RESOLUTION HERE
The State of Illinois is considering legislation that would limit some gun ownership.
Clark County's resolution states the laws and proposals violate people's constitutional rights.
The resolution also claims the state laws have a negative impact on gun businesses in the county.
Board members took out the language that would have created a sanctuary county status.
- Violation of Constitutional Rights: Clark County passes resolution opposing proposed Illinois gun legislation
- Illinois lawmakers revisit gun legislation
- Clark County Fair underway in Illinois
- Indiana official opposes 2 hunting, trapping proposals
- Judge: Indiana sex offender class violates US Constitution
- Several counties in Illinois becoming gun sanctuaries, Clark County could be next
- One person dead in Clark County, Illinois after ATV accident
- Clay County Commissioner's pass resolution to allow partnership with VaxCare
- Rauner vetoes Illinois education funding legislation
- Illinois marijuana legislation goes to governor