VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Some grant money will make a big difference in helping a local fire department during emergencies.
The Vincennes City Fire Department received three grants worth a total of $90,000.
Fire officials bought a utility task vehicle.
It has fire and EMS kits.
The department also has new rope equipment to help with rescues.
The next big purchase will be a pair of drones.
The fire chief said the drones will be a great tool for the department.
- Vincennes fire officials receive $90,000 in grant money
- Vincennes school receives grants money for literacy program
- Downtown Vincennes receives money to update facades
- Vincennes building receives renovations
- Local art programs receive grant money
- Vincennes Police receives grant to prepare for future headquarter issues
- Vincennes University receives artifacts donation
- Knox County receives grant money for drug court
- Clay County set to receive big grant money
- Several Wabash Valley fire departments receive grants