VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - A different celebration happened Sunday night.
It's the annual Watermelon Drop, it's the 10th year for the event.
18 watermelons dropped to bring in 2018.
Here's an interesting fact: The watermelons are all locally grown in Knox County!
"You know it's something really different and really neat," said Rick Linenburg, co-founder, "and we've gained not only local and statewide but national and international attention."
Linenburg says they're expecting thousands to make their way to Vincennes for the event.
- Vincennes expecting thousands for Watermelon Drop
- Crews prepare for Vincennes' Watermelon Drop
- Vincennes Watermelon Fest kicks off on Friday
- Watermelon Bust helps out with hunger relief
- Low watermelon prices affect local producers and businesses
- Brinks truck drops thousands of dollars on Indiana highway
- Thousands expected Saturday for Knights of Columbus Treasure Hunt
- Vincennes building receives renovations
- Construction closes Vincennes street
- Vincennes seeks levee certification